Sunday, May 17, 2009

Heavenly Dessert

My favorite dessert is mango (preferably Zambales mangoes) refrigerator cake. For those who know how to make refrigerator cakes, just use graham crackers for the crust and mangoes for the filling....remember not to add any other fruit. If you do not know how to make a refrigerator cake here's the simple recipe:

Ingredients:

2 cartons of chilled all purpose cream
1/2 can of condensed milk
graham crackers
ripe Zambales mangoes peeled and cut into slices (the more mangoes the better)

Procedure:

1.Pour the all purpose cream in a mixing bowl followed by the condensed milk then mix them well, occasionally folding.
2. Grease the pan with the mixture then make the first layer of the crackers. Be sure to cover the base pan with crackers.
3. After laying the crackers, pour a good amount of the mixture on them. Make sure the
crackers are all covered by the cream.
4. Lay the mango slices on the crackers.
5. Make another layer of crackers on top of the mangoes.
6. Repeat number 3-5 two more times.
7. Refrigerate for two to three hours.

I used to make refrigerator cakes using fruit cocktail but four years ago I experimented with mangoes from our farm in Zambales. I've always used mangoes ever since. Zambales by the way has one of the best and sweetest varieties of mangoes. This is why it would be good if you could get your hands on Zambales mangoes when you make this recipe. I promise you that eating it is pure heaven. I have no other word to describe it. Making it makes me sing in anticipation. It's totally addictive so be careful. You might get a little fat.

Enjoy! I hope you'll love it as much as I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment